WordPress Posting Technique: From Concept To Published
Once video starts, click on video to expand to full screen for best viewing
I recorded a recent coaching session that went into quite a bit of detail on how to get an idea or concept from your head to your blog. In this video, my student had written his post content into Word, and we took that *draft* and published it on the web.
Now, while that sounds really simple, below are a few of the things we covered during that process. And just for the record, this certainly isn’t everything we covered in this hour long *Empowering You* video.
- Pasting from Word to remove the additional formatting that Word sticks in there (this can mess up how your content displays)
- Description strategies for getting the click when it shows up in Google search listings
- Keyword Derivation Techniques and mining for the one’s that will get you found
- Changes to Headspace and what you need to watch out for
- Using Firebug to find out important information about your blog
- The value of anchor text and how to use it to get more relevancy from Google
- How to insert and size an image in WordPress
- How to insert an embedded video from YouTube and size it to match your content area
- How to make external links (links that lead your visitor off your site) open in a new window
Everything shown in this video are things you should be doing consistently in order to get your valuable content found by Google, and therefore by your potential customers. Grab a pen and paper and be prepared to take some notes. There are lot’s of little tricks and tips in here to help you produce blog content that gets found.
Resources From Video